[Kdenlive-devel] DV capture

jb jb at ader.ch
Thu Nov 23 14:03:34 UTC 2006

Hello.

I just committed the changes to add Firewire capture to Kdenlive, so please
test it if you can, I am especially interested to know if you loose frames
during capture or have other problems.

There are currently a few drawbacks that I will probably not solve for the
comming 0.4 release:

* No indication of DV timecode
* Lack of feedback. There is no indication telling you if you are playing or
recording from the camera
* Clicking on buttons (play, forward,...) does not always work. It is
sometimes needed to click twice.

Otherwise, I am quite happy with it, it's a big step forward.
Each time you click on the rec button, a new capture file is created. At the
end, when you click stop, you have a list of video thumbnails for the
captured files and you can rename and select which one you want to keep.

Enjoy!

jb