[Kdenlive-devel] Possible bug (?): audio thumbnail

jb jb at ader.ch
Tue Nov 21 09:01:20 UTC 2006

Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
> I am opening an old project, using Westley, but in a specific folder.
> Whenever I open the project, an audio thumbnail is recreated.
> The audio is mp3.

When you open a project, Kdenlive opens (or creates if non existing) a
folder called

~/.kde/tmp-username/kdenlive/projectname/

Then, it tries to find thumbnails for audio clips in that folder.
The projectname is in fact the project file name. So if you rename a
project file, and open it again, the folder for audio thumbs will not be
the same and all thumbs will be recreated.

I now realize that this is not an optimal solution. Maybe I should put a
project name inside the Kdenlive file, so that it remains the same even
if the user renames the project file.

I wanted to make one folder for each project so that it is easier to
remove all temp files for one project. But maybe it is better to put
audio thumbs for all projects in only one folder ?

If you have any idea, let me know. I will try to find a way to optimize
this.

regards
jb