[Kdenlive-devel] Feature request: clarify move AND resize/roll tools

reinhard Amersberger at t-online.de
Thu Nov 16 20:40:46 UTC 2006

On Thursday, 16. November 2006 16:14, jb wrote:
> Le Jeudi 16 Novembre 2006 12:57, Jean-Michel Pouré a écrit :
> > Dear JB and all,
> > In fact, I would prefer:
> > - Move tool : only moves objects. It should not modify objects.
> > - Resize tool : resizes object borders (left border, right border, and
> > would include the present roll tool)

just a comment about the rool tool:
in broadcast nle's you have similar functionallity, but they work in several
modes so called insert and overwrite mode.
Kdenlive's rool tool actually works in overwrite mode which keeps the overall
length of the project or a sequence, since it don't move the out point of the
second clip, asuming moving the borders between two sequenced clips.
The insert mode is needed to just change the length of the first clip, but
keep the duration of the second clip (change the overall length of the
sequence/project).
Would be fine to have this in a near future ;)

greetings
reinhard