[Kdenlive-devel] New audio effects

reinhard Amersberger at t-online.de
Mon Nov 13 22:05:29 UTC 2006

On Saturday, 11. November 2006 20:27, jb wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I just added a few new audio effects using Ladspa:
>
> * Vinyl, changes your sound so that it seems to come out of a vinyl record
> player, very cool!
>
> * Declipper, should remove clicks from your audio, not tested
>
> * Karaoke, attempts to remove voice from your audio file, but doesn't work
> very well for me
>
> In fact, all ladspa effects can be implemented with just a few lines of
> code. There are tons of it on the page: http://plugin.org.uk/faq.php
> If you find some of them that you think are interesting just send the list
> and I will add them to Kdenlive.

ok, I will try to list some effects that might be important for daily
productional usage:

- DC Offset Remover
- normalize  (not on the ladspa list, but quite useful)
- compressor
- limiter
- flanger/phaser
- gate
- delay

btw - right now it is possible to reset all effect parameter to the default
value. Can you make this also individually ? Maybe by double click on a
slider ?

> Please also let me know if some of you can make the Karaoke effect work in
> a useful manner, otherwise I will just remove it.

sorry, my machine is just to slow to test this effect extensive ;)
But in general IMHO this effect is more a toy than really useful ...

greetings
reinhard