[Kdenlive-devel] Recent new features

jb jb at ader.ch
Sun Nov 5 14:59:48 UTC 2006

Hello everyone.

Some news about latest developments:

1) Kdenlive project files

They can now be saved in 2 formats:
*.kdenlive, which is westley compatible but contains extra info for Kdenlive
*.westley, pure MLT westley xml

Both file types can now be directly included as clips in a Kdenlive's project.
It means you can embed a project into another one without the need to render
it.

2) You can now save part of your project (the selected yellow zone) as a
westley clip that can be included in your project without rendering. (right
click in the timeline ruler->save selected zone)

3) Even better, you can create virtual clips:
right click in the timeline ruler->create virtual clip
This will create a new clip in your project. A virtual clip is a kind of clone
of the currently selected zone. You can then drop the virtual clip wherever
you want in your project. Make a change in the reference zone of the virtual
clip and it is automatically reflected on all virtual clips.

It's a bit hard to explain like that, but I will try to make demo movies when
I have more time.

4) double click in timeline ruler to move the selected zone marker.

5) I also added option to open audio clips in external editor like audacity
and fixed many small issues this week-end, including a problem in MLT, so I
recommand that you update your MLT's cvs too.

regards
jb