[Kdenlive-devel] Feature request : file path with http:// references

Jean-Michel Pouré jmpoure at free.fr
Fri Nov 3 09:01:11 UTC 2006

Le mardi 31 octobre 2006 à 22:38 +0100, jb a écrit :
> 2 - slowly moving to a westley compatible file format, which means
> that your
> project files will then be playable directly through inigo.

Dear Friends,

This is a feature request, propably not for now.
If it is not possible, please discard.
Here is what I would like to do :

It would be nice to be able to add files in Kdenlive using Http://
references. In my case, the files would be stored on a distant server.
But it could be any server with a simple ADSL line.

When playing the video, the image would come from a streaming server.
Rendering would also work remotely.

I think this kind of feature would be very usefull for people producing
all kind of video stories and films, working in small communities with
limited budget, but powerfull GNU/Linux workstations.

I don't know wether this feature can be called client-server mode.
I will add a reminder in the wiki, under the Wanted features list.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel