[Kdenlive-devel] wishlist

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Wed Mar 22 13:56:33 UTC 2006

I don't know if there is a wish list for ldenlive :-) here
some elements

I work now on the use of secondary audio source.

by the way I film local orchestra (My daugther is there as a
singer)

the sound from the video recorder is bad (good position for
sound is not the same as for images).

So I write sound with external mikes and minidisks.

the problerm is there is no syn/time code and this makes the
syn between audio and video tedious.

however the minidisk (or portable archos, by the way) do a
very good job and have a very stable writing.

the problems comes more from mounting all this.

I would be _very_ intersted to have a way to add a time code
to the sound track.

this could be done quite easily. firts sync _once_ with
_one_ video segment. Them pick the time code of this segment
and propagate it all along the sound track. allow to resync
better later.

I have no idea of in sync audio format, but i could be
possible to use dv raw with no images :-) (so the format
should be already supported)

better then we could have an automatic syn capture by making
an approx syn manually and comparing the two audio tracks,
it should be quite easy to shift one to make it syn with the
other, given they are not pure sinus audio :-)

do you have any idea of such thing?

thanks
jdd
--