[Kdenlive-devel] Image clip with PIP transition?

jb jb at ader.ch
Wed Jul 19 12:56:50 UTC 2006

Nico Roets wrote:

> - Create and image clip.
> - Add it to the first video track.
> - Add a video clip to the second video track.
> - Add a PIP transition between the two clips:
> 	Start:	Size = 1
> 			HPos = 0
> 			VPos = 0
>
> 	End:		Size = 100
> 			HPos	= 0
> 			VPos = 0
>
> What happens is: The image is there but the size does not change. If you
> change the Start positions to 50, the animation and the original image is
> there, but no change in size.

Effects don't work if your image has transparent background. Please
check if that is the problem (Right click on image clip->Edit parent
clip, and disable transparent background).

We should probably do something about this issue, either disable
transparency if a transition is applied or try to fix the bug, but not
sure it is possible with current MLT.

>  - If I add clips to the project, the first clip is ok. When adding a second
> clip, it crashes. When selecting multiple clips in the file dialog, it also
> crashes. But when I first create a folder in the project and then add clips,
> it's ok. BTW I like the folders. NICE!

Cannot reproduce this... but I just fixed a few thumbnails crashes,
maybe you could update and see if issue is still there.

Regards
Jean-Baptiste