[Kdenlive-devel] Working on rendering feature

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Wed Feb 15 05:45:23 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 03:40, jb wrote:
> Currently I don't think there is a way to retrieve the different output
> file formats accepted by MLT (most of them rely on the avformat

no, and not expected to have that soon

> consumer). Also, I don't think there is a way to pass arguments to the
> consumer, other than the file extension. So you cannot for example set
> the "-taget pal-dvd" to create a pal dvd compliant mpeg file.

You can set all sorts of parameters using properties. See
mlt/src/modules/avformat/consumer_avformat.c:mlt_consumer_avformat_init() to
see all of them. The -target option is a feature of ffmpeg.c rather than any
of its libs. You can easily locate this feature in the ffmpeg.c source. You
might choose to create a set of profiles in your application that contains
groups of properties. In fact, mlt_properties_load() can deserialise a
collection of properties from file. Then, call mlt_properties_inherit() to
apply them to an object. So, it easy to keep them in files for ease of
maintenance and extending.