[Kdenlive-devel] image clips improvements

Carsten Pfeiffer gisl at leonde.de
Fri Dec 29 14:18:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

in the video from my last vacation, I want to mix quite a few video clips and
image clips. Creating image clips is currently a bit tedious -- you have to
create every single clip for every image manually. A "batch creator" would be
nice, where you simply select all the filenames and set a default duration.
I'll see if I can come up with a patch for that.

More problematic however, is that the images will be stretched to the output
size. If you have a rotated image (i.e. height > width), then this image will
be stretched to fit to your output format (e.g. 4:3), making it look
ridiculous. It would be nice to have an option to either perform the
stretching or to keep the size ratio and fill the rest with a configurable
background color.

If anyone can give me a pointer where to add this (mlt, I suppose), I might
have a look at implementing this.

Cheers,
Carsten