[Kdenlive-devel] Possible bug loading captured avi files

jb jb at ader.ch
Sun Dec 10 00:05:40 UTC 2006

On Sunday 10 December 2006 00:19, Carlos Dávila wrote:
> Hello all
> I have loaded several avi files that I captured with dvgrab before this
> feature was available in kdenlive. I got 13 files of 1000 MB from a 60
> min DV tape + 1 short file with the remaining time. If I watch these
> files in Totem or load them into Cinelerra, they show total footage
> (4:41 min each one), but if I load them into kdenlive, they all seem to
> be only 1:03 min length.
> Any explanation?

Ruslan Popov had the same issue a few months ago. It somehow seemed related to
libdv. What you can do is to tell MLT to load *.avi clips with libavformat
(ffmpeg) instead of libdv, and see if it fixes your problem.

Edit the file:
/usr/local/share/mlt/modules/fezzik.dict

You will find a line looking like:
*.avi=mcdv,libdv,avformat

Change it to:
*.avi=avformat

Save the file and start Kdenlive to see if it does change something...

Let me know.
jb