[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 0.4 released

Stephane Fillod f8cfe at free.fr
Fri Dec 8 15:23:07 UTC 2006

Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 12:13:00PM +0100, jb skribis:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I finaly made it!
> Kdenlive 0.4 is officially released, all infos on kdenlive.sf.net

Thanks for this great release!

For your information, I've updated the Freshmeat entry:

  http://freshmeat.net/projects/kdenlive/

I think kdenlive deserves more annoucement. Do you know any mailing-
list, blog site, etc., where to recommand it?

I've seen KDE-apps is already uptodate:
  http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=40125

Useful for demo and documentation are Video-Tutorials, and kdenlive
is missing them. I can make some, but I still haven't understood all
the bell and whistles of kdenlive. I'll ask questions in a separate thread.
There's a Video-Tutorials section at:
  http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Videos

> If someone wants to prepare packages, that would of course be great. a
> recent cvs version of MLT is required to enable the new effects (speed &
> freeze).

Kindly asking the MLT folks to make a new official release would be great.

There's already a Debian package at http://www.debian-multimedia.org,
and SuSE rpm at http://packman.links2linux.de/package/kdenlive
IIRC, Brian offered to make an Ubuntu package.
Packaging for other major distro would be nice. Are there any user
of Mandriva, Fedora Core, Slackware,.. around here?

As a reminder, all the info about packaging is here:
  http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=Faq_Install

Stéphane