[Kdenlive-devel] Export feature

jb jb at ader.ch
Fri Apr 21 10:48:13 UTC 2006

Hello everyone.

I've been working on the export feature and it now uses profile files which
are parsed at runtime.

I have currently implemented the following export formats:
dv, mpeg, mpeg4, mov, flv (flash), realvideo, dvd-pal, mp3, wav
You can adjust some parameters when the profile files allow it.

Export should not crash anymore. If you experience crash, please report them
to me.

The good news:

It's now really easy to add a new export format. All you need is to create a
new profile file in $KDEDIR/share/apps/kdenlive/profiles.

Remaining bugs/ missing features:

* I didn't find a way to change the frame rate of the output file, maybe it's
not possible with mlt. Changing the frame rate seems to play the file faster
or slower but not resample it...
* Changing the audio frequency gives strange results and instead of
resampling, it sometimes seems to play the audio faster/slower...
* Some parameters combinations may not be compatible and might crash kdenlive

regards.