[Kdenlive-devel] an installation problem after configuring the source

jb jb at ader.ch
Tue Apr 4 07:12:19 UTC 2006

Hello.

 > linux:/home/marcolino/Desktop/aa_tmp/kdenlive/kdenlive- 0.2.4# make
 > make  all-recursive

It looks like you are trying to compile version 0.2.4 of kdenlive. This
version is completely outdated and we don't recommand the use of it.

Kdenlive is currently in developpement, and we have not yet made an
official release of the source code. If you want to try it, please
follow the instructions on page :
http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

Keep in mind that kdenlive is still missing some important features and
has probably many bugs, so it is not realistic to compare it with a
commercial software.

I hope that we will be able to make a first basically working release in
something like one month.

Nonetheless, if you are willing to test the developpement release and
give some feedback, you are welcome.

regards
Jean-Baptiste