[Kdenlive-devel] Localization bug

jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 13 10:25:56 UTC 2004

Kdenlive.cpp contains a method called initView() which constructs the dock widgets that make up the interface (each window in the interface is held in a dock widget)

Basically, widget names should not be localized, while any string that is displayed to the user should be localised.

A localised string looks like this :

i18n("This string will be translated")

A quick look shows at least one line that might be the culprit :

KDockWidget *widget = createDockWidget( i18n( "TimeLine" ), QPixmap(), 0, i18n( "TimeLine" ) );

Compared to the other dockWidgets, this has i18n() around both "TimeLine" strings, where the other dock widgets only i18n one of them, e.g.

KDockWidget *projectDock = createDockWidget( "project list", QPixmap(), 0, i18n( "project list" ) );

Cheers,
Jason