[Kdenlive-devel] Issues compiling on FC3 and AMD64

Alex Brown lists at alex-brown.com
Mon Nov 29 16:00:02 UTC 2004

Sorry, my previous post did not have a changed subject.....

Hello all,
I am trying to install the CVS version of KDENLIVE on a fresh FC3 AMD64 (Non
Multi-lib) box and I am having some issues.
It appears to be looking for the following files in /usr/lib.

	/usr/lib/libfam.la
	/usr/lib/libidn.so

Currently /usr/lib has the following:

	lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root    15 Nov 24 18:16 /usr/lib/libfam.so.0 ->
libfam.so.0.0.0
	-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 17052 Nov 19 18:34 /usr/lib/libfam.so.0.0.0

The /usr/lib64 directory does have these files, so I tried putting a
symbolic link to these files into the /usr/lib directory.
This got me further until I came across the error:

	/usr/lib/libkio.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format

So I figured it was a 32/64 issue and I removed the two symbolic links.

	Does anyone know how I might be able to get this working?

		Thanks!
			Alex