[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive toolbar

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed May 26 18:02:26 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 12:26, Jochen Strobel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I installed piave 0.24 and kdenlive 0.24 without error messages on a
> debian (knopix on harddisk). The toolbar of kdenlive has no special
> bottoms for video editing. When I want to edit the toolbar, I can see
> the bottoms, but not add them. When I start kdenlive from terminal, I
> get several lines with this message:
>
> WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
> \x08  Major opcode:  *

Don't worry about this, it has nothing to do with your problem.

> Is this an install error? Other kde programms I installed don't have
> toolbar problems.

When you configure kdenlive, make sure you specify the correct prefix :

./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`

You need to then "make install" in order to put some files into the correct
places.

Also, if your first installation goes wrong your user config file may have
saved the "empty" tool bars. To fix this, remove the following file :

~/.kde/share/config/kdenliverc

That covers all of the usual issues :-) If you still can't get it to work, let
me know.

Cheers,
Jason

--