[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive logo (was Re: tux football!)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 29 22:18:09 UTC 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 15:56, you wrote:
> Hi, Jason.
> I have make a quick outline of my logo idea for Kdenlive.
> Tell me what you think.

Looks nice :-). Apologies for emailing it back to you, but I have cc'd the
kdenlive-devel mailing list so that we can get everyone's thoughts.

Heres a few thoughts of my own.

I like the idea of the camera and the KDE gear. That on it's own (without
Kdenlive next to it) would make an excellent icon. Perhaps from that point of
view the camera should be a little more "head on"?

It brings back the old question of exactly how to captialise Kdenlive :-) It
stands for KDE Non LInear Video Editor, and I have seen spellings ranging
from Kdenlive, KDEnLive, KDEnlive, Kdenlive!... Myself, I use Kdenlive,
however I think that interpreting it as KDE - Enlive would also be a good
one :-) (Enliven : to make lively or cheerful)

I'm not sure if the KDE should be quite so emphasized as it is, perhaps if the
D and E were captialised but the same size as the "nlive" it would give a
nice compromise between "Kdenlive" and "KDE".

Anyway, nothing negative there, keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood