[Kdenlive-devel] Scripting

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat Mar 27 01:43:10 UTC 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 15:43, Jason Wood wrote:
> To get things clear, I am not talking about DCOP scripting here, I am
> talking about QSA - Qt Script for Applications, (and there is a similar
> KDE-specific version that I believe allows you to use alternative scripting
> langauges to QScript.)

Oh, I see.

> The analogy here is : is it better to use, say, Image Magick to perform
> image manipulations, or is it better to use a script from within gimp? The
> answer is : it depends on what you are doing.

Hmm.. I see that I misunderstood a little bit what you mean.

Actually, speaking of gimp, I am thinking about how to make the text generator
a little more exciting. The problem is, generating text with fancy effects is
not an easy thing to do and what I did in the beginning was generating
effects with gimp and then overlay the images renderd by gimp onto the video.
That was not very fast, but looked very good.
Can you controll gimp from within kdenlive, or is there an equivalent in KDE
world?

Cheers, Rolf

--
contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky