[Kdenlive-devel] capturing

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 15:02:16 UTC 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 15:43, Edwin Schepers wrote:
> On Monday 22 March 2004 17:53 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> > Will Kdenlive use an existing monitor for capture (for example, the clip
> > monitor), or a separate "record" monitor? My thoughts are that we should
> > have a separate record monitor, so that we can customize it with
> > record-specific functionality.
>
> on what record-specific functionality are you thinking ? This monitor is
> only used for displaying what is being captured, not?

Well, for example some of the things that we would want on the capture monitor
that would not be on the clip/workspace monitors :

* A record button :-)
* A text box where you can type a description of the clip you are about to
capture.
* Some things on a normal monitor (snap markers, for example) will not be
appropriate on a record monitor.

Cheers,
Jason

--