[Kdenlive-devel] capturing

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Mar 22 06:41:10 UTC 2004

On Sunday 21 March 2004 21:34, Edwin Schepers wrote:
> Hi,
> I see that you plan to have video capture support as of version 0.4.
> Have you had a look at dvr ( http://dvr.sourceforge.net ) ?
> Or do you already have in mind how to accomplish this?

piave does already have a rudimentary support for capturing DV from digital
camcorders via ieee1394. Please have a look at piave/utils/pgrab .
The current problem is, that I don't have the time/knowledge to implement a
GUI in kdenlive and Jason doesn't have a digital camcorder. We would be very
happy if someone with the time and will to implement a GUI interface and a
camcorder to test it could help us out.

Cheers, Rolf

--
contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky