[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 0.2.4 released, cvs HEAD moves forwards....

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 04:33:31 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have finally found time to release Kdenlive 0.2.4. The press release is on
it's way to the usual sites (it's almost identical to the 0.2.3 press
release...)

Kdenlive 0.2.4 has been branched with the tag release-0_2_4, so if you need to
check it out then go there, the tarball is up on sourceforge. please let me
know asap if there is anything wrong with it.

Ahhh, so the freeze on cvs is over. I am now committing all of the changes
that I have made towards Kdenlive 0.3.0. Note that this is *not stable*. cvs
HEAD is now back to being a development branch.

cvs HEAD should (just about) work with the piave 0.3.0.pre tarball that Rolf
provided a link to earlier in the week. The link is duplicated here for ease
of reference:

http://www.dubitzky.de/piave/piave-0.3.0pre1.tar.gz

There are two notable new features. (And one non-notable feature - a lot of
the timeline has been rearchitectured to allow for more expansion later; but
this is not noticable to the user).

1. The invert filter works, just about :-)
* Drag a clip to the timeline.
* Click on the Effect List tab, and drag the "Invert" effect onto the clip.
* Click off the clip, and click onto the clip.
*Check in the "Effect Stack" tab to see that "invert" has been added to the
clip.
* Move the clip on the timeline (this updates the scenelist and sends it to
piave; effect changes do not yet toggle a scenelist update in piave in this
early test version).
* If you now play the timeline, the clip will have inverted color.

2. A funky new debug function that will probably only be of use for me and
Rolf : the debug window has a text area, and an extra button called
"SendVEMLCommand"> This button fires the contents of the text edit at
whatever renderer is selected on the debug screen. I implemented this so that
I could see piave's example effects working before I had implemented the
necessary code in Kdenlive.

The veml command is sent as-is, the only addition is that two newlines are
added at the end to ensure it at least somehow matches the format that piave
expects a command to contain.

Cheers,
Jason

--