[Kdenlive-devel] nmm

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Sun Mar 14 19:07:31 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 11:31, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I am still thinking about how to support at least mpeg video in the editor.

ffmpeg/libavformat now provides seeking; it is a couple of months old. I
just tested our implementation of it in mlt (I usually run the
mainconcept mpeg demuxer/codec), and it is pretty good already for mpeg
and can only get better. See the ffmpeg/ffplay.c for example how to use
it, or see mlt/src/modules/avformat/producer_avformat.c.

> Since we agree in terms of gstreamer, I wonder what you think about NMM.
>   http://www.networkmultimedia.org/
> I didn't look to much into it, but since you guys decided to code your own
> framework, you can probably tell me what's wrong with NMM.

Sorry, we did not evaluate it.