[Kdenlive-devel] XML representation for effects.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 9 00:36:41 UTC 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 10:11, Dan Dennedy wrote:

> Now, as we evaluate Kino integration, we wonder if it makes sense to
> maintain a document state and implementation separate from the state of
> the service network and its serialisation syntax?

My answer to this question has always been "yes", because I consider the job
of the project-side format to be different from the job of the backend format.
However, I have never considered SMIL to be that project management
format :-)

Kdenlive also uses it's own format for project output that is essentially an
xml serialisation of it's internal state, however there is a framework
in place for loading/saving other project formats - at the moment you can
import (but no export yet) kino projects, and export a scenelist to a file. I
would like to add the ability to support smil, cinelerra, etc. to that list
in the future.

I *do* think that supporting SMIL is a very good idea purely for
interoperability.

Cheers,
Jason

--