[Kdenlive-devel] XML representation for effects.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 21:54:51 UTC 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 11:17, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > I was planning to not use SMIL for effects
> > anyway. One thing you need to figure out is how to keep track of the the
> > clips that have already been rendered for an effect.
>
> I don't think that is a problem.
> Step 1 :  don't care
> Step 2 :  have each effect in a fast/lowquality and slow/highquality
> version Step 3 :  have a caching and locking mechanism for
> prerendered/unchanges segments

I disagree - it is a problem... but I do agree that it is not *your* problem.

I need to start coding the fabled background rendering scheduler at some point
in time

Architecturally, it will sit between kdenlive and piave and act as a proxy. It
will take the scenelist provided by kdenlive, replace any bits that have been
rendered already with their renderered counterparts, potentially chop it up
into a number of smaller timelines and fire it out to as many instances of
piave as makes sense.

The tricky bit is making it seamless so that only advanced users who like
fiddling with their setup need know it even exists as a separate
application :-)

Cheers,
Jason

--