[Kdenlive-devel] AVI to DV

Dan Dennedy dan at dennedy.org
Thu Feb 26 14:01:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 08:23, Ruslan Popov wrote:
> To convert AVI to DV you need:
> 1. libdv package installed.
> 2. mplayer built with libdv support.
>
> Then:
> mencoder \
>      -ovc libdv \
>          -lavcopts vcodec=dv:vbitrate=6000:keyint=50 \

there seems to be confusion here. -lavcopts is only used afaik with
ffmpeg libavcodec. FYI, there is now a good, usable DV encoder in
FFMPEG, so that is an option if you have current enough sources. I do
not think you need or can specify any libdv options.

>      -oac copy
>      -o video-dv.avi video-mjpeg.avi
>
> About DV.
> I don't know what is its ordinary bitrate.

It is constant and you can not configure it.

> What audio codec ordinary does DV use?

It is signed 16bit linear pcm.