[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive make - /usr/bin/ld : cannot find -lselinux

Brian Callaghan callaghan_b at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 16 12:32:03 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm a bit of a linux and a sourceforge newbie, so hopefully I'm posting to
the right place...

I want to install Kdenlive (0.2.4), and have successfully installed Piave
already.
The "./configure" command goes fine, and tells me to "make".
"Make" feedback finishes with:

/usr/bin/lb : cannot find -lselinux
collect2 returned 1 exit status
make[2]: ***[kdenlive] Error 1
make[2]: leaving directory '/imports/kdenlive-0.2.4/kdenlive'
make[1]: ***[all recursive] Error 1
make[1]: leaving directory '/imports/kdenlive-0.2.4'
make: ***[all] Error 2

I presume the main problem is the first line, cannot find -lselinux.  I have
not idea what that refers to, I can't find any package with a similar name.
The /imports/ folder is where I thought I'd put
tarballs etc for installing.

I'm running fedora core 2 kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2 on an athlon 2200+, 512MB
RAM.

All advice gratefully received...
bcal