[Kdenlive-devel] Clip Properties patch and timeline

Rob Hare hare.r at comcast.net
Tue Aug 3 02:16:10 UTC 2004

Hey Guys,

I have attached a patch for the previously discussed dockable clip
property window.  I extended the current properties in the DocClipAVFile
as suggested. The properties are accessed via a clip reference.  This
patch also contains the previous tooltip updates.  And should work
better than the previous.  :-) Frames per second and Sampling rate
currently return 0.

I have started to dig into the timeline in order to add several new
edits (roll, slip, slide) as proposed by Jason. I have started by adding
inpoint/outpoint sliders to the timeline.  Here's a few more ideas, let
me know what you think:

1. the inpoint and outpoints are individually movable when the mouse is
on them, when the mouse is between them, a rectangular bar appears that
allows both to be moved at once.

2. there is already a function to add tracks to the timeline. it is not
currently acessible to the user. should we make it available? put a
limit on it?

3. make the timeline remember your view setting (5 secs, 10 secs, etc)

Are there any other timeline issues to address while I'm there?

cheers,

rob