[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive logo (was Re: tux football!)

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Apr 1 03:04:20 UTC 2004

On Monday 29 March 2004 18:04, Edwin Schepers wrote:
> And here one of mine :-)
> Don't be mad...
> I think when Kdenlive would become a number one video editor, and everyone
> would use this and everyone talks about it :-) ....then it should have a
> name that could be spoken out / written easily without any kind of problems
> like the one you wrote about. ( for example, I think a name like Kino is
> well chosen one)

Well in principle I agree that there might be better names, but what exactly
is so hard to pronounce with "kay-den-live" ?  My problem is more in the
sanse, that it is not particular descriptive. You can't tell from the name
what the programm does.

Cheers, Rolf

PS:  I don't think any programm that uses KDE technology needs to have the
infamous K in the name. I think it's more important to recognize that it's a
video editor rather than that it is a KDE based GUI.

--
contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky