[Kdenlive-devel] more merges

jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 09:28:51 UTC 2003

> > I am doing these changes on my local machine. Cvs HEAD is still what I hope
> > to become the Kdenlive 0.2.3 version. I have sorted out the issue with
> > Kdenlive firing too many scenelists at piave ;-) (committed to CVS now) and
> > I am happy with what Kdenlive is at the moment for a tarball release. What
> > would you say is the best plan of action? I think with a lot of the changes
> > going into Piave now, it is going to take some time before Kdenlive catches
> > up, and a stable release now is a good idea before starting. What do you
> > think?
>
> If you think the current memory leaks in piave are at an acceptable level, I
> am fine with it, if not, then I need some time.

Unless you have fixed some of the leaks since my last post, the level of memory leakage in Piave is too severe - it is not a steady trickle that would make the computer thrash after a couple of hours, it can use up all of the computers memory within minutes.

I guess that holding back until the situation is not quite so bad would be a good idea :-)

I will try and run valgrind on piave as well, and see where it says the memory is leaking from. I am guessing that there are only one or two issues, and they just happen to be where large amounts of memory get allocated :-)

Cheers,
Jason