[Kdenlive-devel] effects

Rolf Dubitzky Rolf.Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Sep 9 19:59:46 UTC 2003

Hi Jason,

concerning support for effects, we need to modify VEML a bit.
if you check out the current HEAD of piave, you'll find a file

  examples/textmaster.veml

This syntax can actually be parsed and rendered by the version in the 03-DEVEL
branch.
It was meant to test the text generator and also as an example for how the
syntax could look like. It is only a video effect (no audio) and only an
effect with one input, but it is probably straight forward to guess what the
whole thing would look like.
I am much in favor of supporting SMIL to pave the road for the kino guys, but
we will still need VEML for a while.
One point why I am in favor of doing this is, that this will help to seperate
the _renderer_ from the _player_ parts of piave. This is a good thing since I
eventually would like to drop as many of the player stuff as possible. There
are enough good players out there.

Cheers, Rolf

Rolf.Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de