[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive 0.2.3 on sourceforge.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Oct 19 21:35:22 UTC 2003

On Sunday 19 Oct 2003 8:52 pm, booker wrote:
> > I can't reproduce this problem either. Can you tell me which version you
> > are running - cvs or the tarball off of sourceforge? If you are running
> > the cvs version, please do a cvs update to make sure that you have the
> > latest bug fixes - the tarball release includes the final bug fixes, but
> > was released before the changes were committed to cvs.
>
> Yes, I use the latest cvs. Also a fresh checkout won't solve the behaviour.
>
> But I got this error messages (bash) after loading (ctrl+O) the last saved
> project:
>
> [booker at linux kdenlive]$ kl
> WARNING: KdenliveDoc cannot calculate frames per second - m_projectClip is
> null!!! Perhaps m_projectClip is in the process of being created?
> Temporarily returning 25 as a placeholder - needs fixing.
> WARNING: KdenliveDoc cannot calculate frames per second - m_projectClip is
> null!!! Perhaps m_projectClip is in the process of being created?
> Temporarily returning 25 as a placeholder - needs fixing.
<snip>

This is "normal" - as in, the warning is there to remind me that it needs to
be fixed :-)

This only becomes a problem when Kdenlive prepares to support various frame
rates - i.e. it's causing me headaches with my current refactoring for 0.3.0
;-)

> Also here is again a description of what I did:
>
> - add 2 clips to project list
> - set new in/out points for the first clip and drag it to begin of timeline
> - set new in/out points for the second clip
> - drag the second clip also to timeline, in another track, behind the first
> one (like the screenshots I've put online)
> - save the project
> - closed kdenlive
> - started kdenlive again
> - opened the just now saved project
> - enlarge the second clip
> - and now it happend just as described ...

I really cannot reprdoduce this behaviour :-( It sounds exactly like the
behaviour of Kdenlive before my last bug fixes went into cvs. The same bug
fixes are also in the tarball on sourceforge.

Could you check the following please :

- That the kdenlive executable that you are running is the most up-to-date
one. Make sure that you do a make install before running, or cd into the
source directory /kdenlive and execute ./kdenlive

- Perhaps you missed off the --prefix=/usr when configuring Kdenlive? If you
did, you would still be picking up your previously installed executable.

- Try the tarball off sourceforge to rule out any issues with the cvs commit.

- Rolf, can you see if you can reproduce the issues that Reinhard is getting?
If you can, then there is something very odd going on in the code :-(

In the meantime, I will do a fresh checkout of current cvs and see if I can
reproduce the issue with that.

Cheers,
Jason

--