[Kdenlive-devel] Preliminary snap marker support committed

jelte at liebrand.co.uk jelte at liebrand.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 22:04:25 UTC 2003

Hiya Jason,

I haven't had a chance to try all of this out, but just some remarks that
spring to mind.

> 1. being able to delete markers (I am thinking Ctrl-clicking on them with
> the marker tool, and a "clear all markers" option in the menu somewhere.

Haven't you just found your own answer here? Wrt what should be in the context
sensitive menu on the timeline? ;-)

Basically, if I understand you correctly, you can set these markers on a clip
somewhere, then dragging the clip around will make it snap on those markers.
Either to other markers (from different clips) or their edges, right?
If so, then I think you should be able to set the markers on the timeline
(with the context sensitive menu).
I would argue that 'what should go in the timeline' and 'what should go in the
clip monitor' depends on what it does. And if the function of something spans
multiple clips, then it should be done on the timeline... If the meaning of
whatever you do only applies to one clip, then it should be done in the clip
monitor.

That ofcourse is just my humble idea, and it doesn't mean you couldn't do
'both'. But I would expect to set markers via the context sensitive menu on
the timeline, and use that as well to remove them.

Just my two pennies worth ;-)

/Cheers,
Jelte