[Kdenlive-devel] Preliminary snap marker support committed

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 17:50:20 UTC 2003

On Sunday 30 Nov 2003 5:39 pm, booker wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. November 2003 16:17 schrieben Sie:
> > The log does not say much except that piave cannot listen on it's port.
> > This normally means that an instance of piave from a previous run of
> > kdenlive is still running, or that an instance of piave has recently
> > crashed (in which case it takes a minute or so for the port to free
> > itself).
> >
> > try doing :
> >
> > kill -9 piave
>
> seems not to work, because I got "no such pid" message.

oops, that should have read :

killall -9 piave

However I have just taken an update of piave, and seem to have some issues as
well. See the bottom of the file for the relevant part of the log. It is
somewhere within creating the video - the "document" instance of piave works
fine - it happily finds the lengths of files.

Like I mentioned, I have now made the "ignore messages" option on the debug
window persist so that you can still get a log when just starting Kdenlive
(as I did here). I am committing now.

Remember that if the log is filling up with messages, you will experience slow
performance from Kdenlive! So remember to turn it off when you've finished
with it.

> > wait a minute or two,
> >
> > and then restart kdenlive.
>
> btw - Is it normal that there are 10 (ten) instances of piave running when
> kdenlive is started?

Kdenlive (at the moment) will start 4 instances of piave, although by the time
of the next release that should come back down to 3.

However, piave makes use of several threads, which will each show up as a
seperate entry in top, so 10 is probably about right.

piave log for clip monitor follows :

Launching Process /usr/local/bin/piave as server on port 6103
Process launching successfully, pid = 3441
Connecting to server on port 6103
Sending Command <getCapabilities/>
Connected on port 33297 to host on port 6103
Sending Command <createVideoXWindow format="xv" show="false" />
pluginmgr.cc:75 WARNING: failed to open dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/effects/libsamplerateplugin.so with errors:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/effects/libsamplerateplugin.so: undefined symbol:
_ZN5PIAVE6Global5quietE
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/effects/libinvert.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=InvertFilterPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/effects/libalphablend.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=AlphaBlendPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/effects/libtextmaster.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=TextMasterPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/effects/libimage.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=ColorStillPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/librawdvstream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=LibDVDecoderPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=LibDVEncoderPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=InRawDVStreamPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=OutRawDVStreamPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 IN
FO: opened dll: /usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libsdlstream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=SDLStreamPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libossstream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=OssPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libavistream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=InAviDVStreamPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=OutAviDVStreamPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libartsstream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=ArtsPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libvorbisfilestream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=VorbisfilePlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libsndfilestream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=SndfilePlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO:
opened dll: /usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libalsastream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=AlsaPlugin
server.cc:153 INFO: initListenSocket
server.cc:180 INFO: Listening on port 6103
server.cc:120 INFO: Got connection on socket 7
server.cc:186 INFO: Stopp listening for connections
kdenserver.cc:514 INFO: starting main server loop
piave_base.cc:226 WARNING: PIAVE caught a segmentation violation 0
--- backtrace ------ start ----
/usr/local/lib/libpiave.so.0(_ZN5PIAVE6Global14printBackTraceEv+0x27)
[0x40047a85]
/usr/local/lib/libpiave.so.0(_ZN5PIAVE6Global18fatalSignalHandlerEi+0xd3)
[0x40047c5b]
/lib/i686/libpthread.so.0 [0x400aa4ec]
/lib/i686/libc.so.6 [0x40637ca8]
/usr/local/lib/libpiave.so.0(_ZN5PIAVE14KdenLiveServer23veml_createVideoXWindowEPKNS_8VEMLCmndE+0xdf9)
[0x40066959]
/usr/local/lib/libpiave.so.0(_ZN5PIAVE14KdenLiveServer15processCommandsEv+0x166)
[0x400658d4]
/usr/local/lib/libpiave.so.0(_ZN5PIAVE14KdenLiveServer17_process_commandsEPv+0x1e)
[0x40064c88]
/lib/i686/libpthread.so.0 [0x400a5600]
/lib/i686/libc.so.6(__clone+0x57) [0x406e9a37]
--- backtrace ------ stop -----
server.cc:76 WARNING: atexit handler:

Cheers,
Jason