[Kdenlive-devel] New to list

Varol Okan varokan at movingsatellites.com
Sat Nov 22 23:42:38 UTC 2003

Jason,

thank you for your reply.

Info :
SuSE puts kde under /opt/kde3/  (for now). I have set the KDEDIR and
used the --prefix option. Unfortunately I still have the same issue that
the menu items do not show up.

Reply :
The compile problems I encountered were essentially the same as
mentioned earlier in this list and are related to piave and not kdenlive
itself. Maybe the howto build should be put onto the HomePage for others
to be able to compile as well from the sources. I found the missing
header <assert.h> and the #define's myself and for the sake of
simplicity put all missing #defines into config.h

Development :
I saw the targets on the program versions to come. Is there anything
like a time line attached to those deliveries ? Also is there a doc
(somewhere between developer and user guide) that explains the
connections between piave and kdenlive ? Piave seems to be the kernel
and maybe people would like to make some add ons in functionality (like
splitting sound and video and using both independantly)

Question :
does no one else have this problem ? Are thos menu items put into place
dynamically dependand on piave maybe ? What other options/leads could I
follow ?

About me :
I am a programmer by hobby and if I could help a >>>Little<<< bit let me
know. Maybe I coudl see if I can make the system run under SuSE. Time is
very short for me since I am a very recent father (thus the new Sony
Camcorder :)

Thank you in advance.

Varol Okan :)