[Kdenlive-devel] Finally, a few keyboard shortcuts.

Rolf Dubitzky R.Dubitzky at Physik.Tu-Dresden.de
Thu May 1 15:38:05 UTC 2003

On Thursday 01 May 2003 16:35, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> > I'm not convinced that ESC would be the best key to pick, it doesn't feel
> > as if it fits with the KDE UI guidelines very well. But perhaps another
> > key would make sense - TAB seems to be the obvious one?
>
> But you convinced me! ;-))
> Yes, TAB seems to be a good choice.

I like <TAB> too. ESC should be reserved to "stop whatever is just going" on.

> To be more precise - it's the key on the right side of the space bar and is
> used to access the third character. For example:
> Press '9' to print a '9'
> Press 'shift+9' to print a ')'
> Press 'Alt Gr+9' to print a ']'

I have a US keyboard and don't have these kind of keys. AltGr is the "compose"
key for me. Please don't overrule it's behaviour, or I won't be able to enter
german or french special characters.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky          http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky
 e-mail:         Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik dot TU-Dresden dot de