[Kdenlive-devel] How to use kdenlive ?

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 9 19:00:34 UTC 2003

On Sunday 09 Mar 2003 6:43 pm, you wrote:
> Le Dimanche 9 Mars 2003 19:34, Jason Wood a écrit :
> > On Sunday 09 Mar 2003 6:20 pm, CAULIER Gilles wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I want to prepare the French translations of Kdenlive. But, I want also
> > > to learn Kdenlive for Dv files edition.
> > >
> > > I have grabbed some DV from my panasonic NV-DA1 with kino. On Kdenlive
> > > (CVS version) + piave (CVS version), I have imported some DV files in
> > > project list for cut, mix, and resize video tracks. But when I want to
> > > drag this files in the video tracks view, kdenlive do nothing.
> > >
> > > Why ?
> > >
> > > What the procedure for do that
> >
> > That is the correct procedure. Could you take a look at the "duration" of
> > each file in the project view. Do they say the length of the files (e.g.
> > 05:00:00.00) or do they say "unknown"? If they say unknown, then for some
> > reason piave is not returning the file durations, and kdenlive does not
> > allow a file with an unknown file length to be put on the timeline. (This
> > is on my TODO list to fix)
> >
> > Also, please check the format that you are saving files in - piave
> > currently only supports raw dv (with a .dv extension), although I believe
> > Rolf is working on avi support as well.
>
> This is the problem. It's not the raw dv file. Look the screenshoots for
> details.

The best solution for the moment is to simply recapture some of the footage as
raw dv, or export it in kino as raw dv. This situation should improve for the
next release though ;-)

> > Either way, could you do the actions you described above, and then go to
> > the "debug" tab, click the "Save Messages" button, save the file
> > somewhere, gzip it and email it to me?
>
> Joined with this mail...

Ok, I have refrained from allowing the email on to the kdenlive list because
it was 500K in size :-) but thanks for sending it to me, as I realize that
piave does send an error message stating that it has processed the file, but
kdenlive doesn't yet process it. Oops!

Cheers,
Jason

--