[Kdenlive-devel] 'Inpoint' and 'Outpoint' fonctions...

Jason Wood jwood at climax.co.uk
Thu Jun 12 08:39:55 UTC 2003

They set the 'inpoint' of a clip, and the 'outpoint'.

Eventually, the buttons will work as follows : You will drag a clip onto the
clip monitor (or select it so that it appears on the clip monitor). You will
then be able to set the in and outpoints for the clip with those buttons.
Then, when applying the settings in some way (still to be decided exactly
how), you will recieve a clip that starts at the inpoint and ends at the
outpoint.

In other words, it let's you choose the part of a clip you want to use
without first putting it onto the timeline and resizing it. It will also be
a more accurate way of specifying the part of a clip that you want.

Cheers,
Jason