[Kdenlive-devel] Preparing for 0.2.3

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 20:50:21 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 29 Jul 2003 9:37 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 28.07.03 22:44:37:
> > If there are any outstanding bugs that you know of, (and I think there
> > are quite a few) please either post them here and/or post them onto the
> > bug tracker at sourceforge. I will be trying to fix bugs in piave if I
> > find any as well :-) Also, please include any usability issues that you
> > discover - ...
>
> Unfortunatelly I will be on holiday for the next 2 weeks ;-))

Drat. Have a good holiday ;-)

> ... but you can believe me that I can't await to come back and test the new
> stuff ASAP! :-)
>
> > Please post wish list items on the relevant tracker as well - if there
> > are any small things - missing key shortcuts, for example - I will fit
> > those in as well.
>
> That means that all shortcuts stay hard coded?

Well, for 0.2.3, I don't think the shortcut dialog will make it in - I need to
look into how it needs to be implemented.

But when I said missing key shortcuts, for the moment I meant things like "I
would like to be able to do X, Y and Z by pressing a particular key, and I
can't at the moment. Please add it :-)"

> Is it hard to offer a dialog under settings, so the user could be able to
> assign ALL shortcuts he want to use? Because this way AVID users with
> special AVID-keyboards for example can adapt kdenlive to use the familiar
> shortcuts further on. Also this adapted shortcuts could be made available
> to other users if it would be possible to save and load them. So in the end
> maybe you don't have to worry about which shortcuts you should determine

As I say, it it completely possible, but it depends on how long it takes to do
- if it looks like it will be a while, it will wait for either 0.2.4 or
0.3.0, depending on how development goes. When it does go in, every key
should become user-definable however.

> btw - a german computer magazin (c't) is planning to publish a story about
> video editing with linux  soon ! :-)
>
> But I plan to send them a message that it is better to await the 0.2.3
> release of kdenlive, right?

:-)

Cheers,
Jason