[Kdenlive-devel] new HEAD

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 26 20:07:46 UTC 2003

On Sunday 26 January 2003 08:54 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Consider that you are creating a PAL project out of both NTSC and PAL
> footage (can piave do this now?

no. The problem is just, that I do not yet have inplemented (read: stolen) a
algorithm to rescale YUV images. As soon as I have that it will be possible.

> We don't want to have the size of the window jumping around at each cut,
> because when we render the footage down, that isn't what will happen - it
> will be exported to the PAL resolution. So, we should specify that we want
> all footage to be displayed at the PAL aspect ratio so that we can see what
> it will look like.
>
> Does that make sense, or am I missing something?

No. That is what I meant with specifying the target format before the
<setScenelist>  (not every time of course). Something like:

<setTargetFormat>
  <targetformat>
     <video fps="25.0" width="123" height="123" aspect="1.4" />
     <audio frequency="231234" ... />
  </targetformat>
</setTargetFormat>

In case of a single clip in the scenelist, I could use the parameters of that
clip as default. Makes clip previews easier.

Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/