[Kdenlive-devel] new HEAD

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 26 19:12:47 UTC 2003

On Sunday 26 January 2003 04:20 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Sunday 26 Jan 2003 2:50 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > On Sunday 26 January 2003 03:25 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> > > Great work!  And I can confirm, it doesn't work with Kdenlive at all at
> > > the moment ;-)

Hi, I fixed a lot of things but I got stuck. piave now reacts to <creatWin..>
but for some reason the window gets closed imediately. I am not sure why, or
by whom. Maybe you have some idea? I commit all changes in a sec. I would be
great if you could find out if it's kdenlive's or piave's fault (probably
piave..)

This led to some other considerations. You might want to try utils/pplay with
all kinds of different dv formats (PAL/NTSC/4x3/16x9) and you will hopefully
see that it not only works, but you also get the correct aspect ratio. In
case of PAL this doesn't really matter, but in case of NTSC this makes a huge
difference. Now, kdenlive should not create an XWindow without knowing the
aspect ratio of the target format. Already now you can request a XWindow with
specific size. just add width="123" height="345" to the <creatXWin..>
command, _but_ it makes no sense to do that before the user has specified the
target format (or kdenlive knows the aspect of the input file it wants to
display). piave uses 4x3 by default and will open a windows with half DV PAL
size. I think kdenlive can live with that for now (will notwork for wide
screen, but for PAL and NTSC), but you can prepare to change that. I would be
cool to have something like "Use <some_input_file> format as target format"
next to a manual selection. <getFileProp..>  returns alread something like:

  <stream filename="../samples/4x3-PAL.dv">
      <container format="rawdv" />
      <videocodec aspect="1.333333" format="DV"
                  fps="25.000000" height="576"
                  system="PAL" width="720" />
      <audiocodec emphasis="off" format="PCL" frequency="32000"
                  num_channels="2" quantization="12"
                  sampling="2" />
  </stream>

Note that width/height != aspect !

We have to think about how to communicate the render size as soon as we have
effects. The render size might be different from the source size for preview
mode (samller -> faster/poorer) .

Also,  the '-f rgb' option is gone. You can specify the target with the
<creatWin...> command with <creat...   visual="rgb" >  .  The default is "xv"
and piave will use rgb automatically if no yuv overlay is available.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/