[Kdenlive-devel] Preparing Kdenlive for internationalisations...

CAULIER Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Wed Jan 22 08:10:20 UTC 2003

> Subject: Re: [Kdenlive-devel] Preparing Kdenlive for
> internationalisations... Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:28:35 +0000
> From: Jason Wood <jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk>
> To: kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
>
> On Tuesday 21 Jan 2003 7:10 pm, CAULIER Gilles wrote:
> > The project (via Kdevelop) isn't ready for the translations. I can do it
> > now and commited the result on the CVS (???).
>
> Ok, that's fine. Feel free to commit, but let me know exactly what you did
> - I am a bit unsure as to how the translation process works other than
> using the i18n strings, but I'd like to learn :-)

Ok. For the GUI translatio it's very easy :

1 - I have deleted the «empty» and don't exist (why ???) 'en_GB.po' file from
de kdevelop project.

2 - Add the fr.po file for the French translations.

3 - Cleanup and rebuild the project -> makefile.am changes -> creating
kdenlive.pot and fr.po file in /po folder.

4 - Commits all changes and add 'kdenlive.pot' & 'fr.po' in CVS

5 - Translating fr.po file with kbabel...

Thats all...

For the DOC, it's more dificult because kdevelop don't have the good way for
creating and changing the makefile.am in the doc folder. This feature comming
soon with gideon release of kdevelop...

Important : The translators don't work with a docbook file directly for the
documention translations. The makefile build a .po file for this. When the
translations is done, a new docbook file is created (typicaly :
help_en.docbook -> help_en.pot -> help_fr.po -> help_fr.docbook).

--
CAULIER Gilles
Développeur UNIX

CAULIER Gilles