[Kdenlive-devel] Current piave CVS compilation error.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 19 14:23:16 UTC 2003

On Sunday 19 Jan 2003 2:10 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Sunday 19 January 2003 02:55 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> > If you check out latest kdenlive CVS, I have added preliminary
> > clip/workspace monitor support. For the moment, it asks piave to use rgv
> > format - this was working in the previous version, but now one of the
> > monitors appears to die - could you add some INFO's whilst parsing the
> > command line options so that I can see exactly what I am asking piave to
> > do?
>
> Hmm... what else do you want to see, that you don't see with '-d' ?

Essentially, I have no way to tell what command line I am sending to piave,
and it is a bit of a black art to get things working at the moment.

For instance, if I send the commandline "-f rgb", piave doesn't like it, but
it works if I send "-frgb". Sometimes I have to add spaces at the end of one
argument, or put a space at the beginning of an argument before it will work.

The problem is - I have no way to tell if it is piave that is parsing it
incorrectly, or if it is kdenlive that is sending the wrong commandline. The
KProcess class I use to launch piave does not give me a method to find out
what arguments I have sent, and is very ambiguous over what it considers to
be a "command line argument." in the first place.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood