[Kdenlive-devel] new piave HEAD

Chris Clayton chris at theclaytons.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jan 13 17:19:53 UTC 2003

Jason,

On Sunday 12 January 2003 10:48 pm, Jason Wood wrote:

> Do I take it that you have a tv in or similar on your computer? You might
> want to take a look at kino, which has a video 4 linux capture option (you
> have to enable it in settings). I have had some (albeit limited) success in
> capturing dv files using it from my old happauge win tv card (circa 1996)
> :-)

Yes, I have a BT878-based Pinnacle PCTV Studio/Rage. Thanks for the tip about
Kino. I've looked it over as part of my search for a video editting app but
set it aside for the time being because it needs Gnome and my distro (Peanut
Linux) comes with KDE and Enlightenment. I looked into building Gnome but
unearthed such a long dependency chain, that I was put off. I have a spare
partition though, so I might install a recent Red Hat or Mandrake and build
Kino under that.

Cheers,

Chris