[Kdenlive-devel] Does Kdenlive build? (preparing for a V0.1.1 tarball)

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 12 16:12:26 UTC 2003

On Sunday 12 January 2003 04:55 pm, Chris Clayton wrote:
> Jason, Rolf.
>
> I've maybe been partially wasting your time because I was not dragging the
> clip onto the timeline.

NP.

> Yes, I see playback. These actions add the following to piave's xterm:

ok. so far so good ;-)

> > 4. Seek somewhere over the clip and press play - do you get playback?
>
> Maybe not a complete waste of your time, because I don't see playback here.
> Immediatelt, as far as I can tell, the playback window just goes grey and
> kdeonlive's green light goes off. The following is added to piave's
> console:

> server.cc:215 INFO: <<<<<<<<<< sending message stop
> ossstream.cc:138 WARNING: couldn't get right sampling rate
> audio->frequency=32000 rate_request=32072

Hmm... te message says, that piave tries to get an oss stream  rom the
/dev/dsp with a sampling frequency of 32000, which is correct. But your
system returns a stream with a sampling rate of 32072....
Does anybody know what that means? Does your sound driver mayby not support
32000 bit samplings? If so, what should piave do in such a case, or is the
32000 bit channel only busy, and the next best channel is 32072???

I have two ideas:

A)  Chris, are you using KDE as desktop? if yes, couls you try to start piave
like this:

  artsdsp /usr/local/bin/piave -d

B) I go back home and try to find out how OSS works. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/