[Kdenlive-devel] Does Kdenlive build? (preparing for a V0.1.1 tarball)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 15:07:28 UTC 2003

On Sunday 12 Jan 2003 2:50 pm, Chris Clayton wrote:
> Rolf,
>
> Thats changed things a bit but still no playback.
>
> > Hmm.. that means, that piave is sopping imediately doesn't get a single
> > command. I'll look into it. In themeantime, could you try to start piave
> > in a seperate xterm:
> >
> >  /usr/local/bin/piave -d
>
> In kdenlive, I see:
>
> Filename: 4x3-PAL.dv
> Type: n/a
> Duration: 00:00:02:00
> Usage Count: 0
> Size: 6.9M
>
> and in the debug tab:
>
> piave base.cc:129 INFO: Setting up project for PAL system
> piave base.cc:163 INFO: Setup preview mode
> server.cc:151 INFO: initListenSocket
> server.cc:184 INFO: Stopp listening for connections
> server.cc:166 WARNING: Error initialising server
> server.cc:140 WARNING: Error accepting connection
> server.cc:74 WARNING: atexit handler:

If you start piave in a console, the debug window in kdenlive will not show
piaves output (the debug info will appear in the console).

However, from what I can see, everything is indeed working correctly.

Are you dragging the clip from the project list to the timeline before you
play it? At the moment, the monitor window only shows you what is on the
timeline - yes, this is all to do with the monitor needing proper
functionality - I'm on the case, ok? ;-)

So try this :

With piave open in a console :

1. Add the clip to the project list.
2. Drag the clip from the project list to the timeline - you should get a long
pink box.
3. Seek around (drag the ruler marker around the project) - when you move it
over the clip, do you get playback?
4. Seek somewhere over the clip and press play - do you get playback?

If yes, then everything is ok, otherwise send the debug info of the
exepriment.

If everything works with piave running ni a console, please try it again
without running piave in the console - i.e. just start kdenlive. Do the same,
above steps work?

Cheers,
Jason

--