[Kdenlive-devel] Does Kdenlive build? (preparing for a V0.1.1 tarball)

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 15:01:14 UTC 2003

On Sunday 12 Jan 2003 2:42 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Sunday 12 January 2003 03:29 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> >
> > I can handle that, but it is the simple bit :-)
> >
> > To add things properly to kdenlive (i.e., not as a hack), I need to be
> > able to
> >

> > 1. Determine which file formats piave can export to.
>
> Ok, I see, once I implement <capabilities/> I will add that.
>
> > 2. Add a dialog to ask the user which of those formats he wishes to work
> > in. 3. Setup the timeline and project accordingly (this is quick and
> > easy)

And I just rememberd what number four is :-)

And 4, dissallow the adding of clips to the project list which cannot be used
with the current project settings.

Incidentally, this reminds me of a bug in piave : if you try to get the
fileProperties of a non-dv clip (for example, a webpage of a .cpp file) piave
crashes.

I'm not suggesting that piave should try to pass back relevant info about such
files ;-) but a simple

<reply command="getFileCapabilities" status="unknown_format"/>

or similar would probably make sense.

Cheers,
Jason

--