[Kdenlive-devel] valgrind

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 10 22:32:35 UTC 2003

On Friday 10 Jan 2003 10:13 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Jason Wood wrote:
> > On Friday 10 Jan 2003 9:42 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > > On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Jason Wood wrote:
> > > If you can reproduce this bug, could you please provide a backtrace?
> >
> > The problem is I get very little in the way of a backtrace from gdb :
> >
> > (gdb) backtrace
> > #0  0x4079bda0 in xmlDocSetRootElement () from /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2
> > #1  0x08064768 in ?? ()
>
> that's not little at all! It looks exactlz like the bug I fixed a few
> hours ago. The very strange one. And checking CVS I see thzat me commit
> didn't reach sourceforge... no I understand... I'll try to commit it and
> drop you a not if it worked this time... sorry.

Ok, that seems to have worked this time, and seems much better!

--

I still have a problem with pressing play, which I am unsure of the cause :

Last lines of piave output before it segfaults is :

server.cc:234 INFO: <<<<< receive message stop
kdenserver.cc:240 INFO: XML is valid
kdenserver.cc:255 INFO:  (*cmndListIter)->name()=play
kdenserver.cc:262 INFO: pushing cmnd to queue
kdenserver.cc:96 INFO: got >not empty< -> processing command
frame.cc:217 INFO:  Global::render_width=720 Global::render_height=576
frame.cc:221 INFO: (_pixbuf): got pixbuf withAlpha=0
storybase.cc:544 INFO: nohead returning emptyFrame
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
server.cc:68 WARNING: atexit handler:
server.cc:188 INFO: Close communication socket

> I fixed the crash if the first frame is empty and you hit play. While
> doing this I noticed kdenlive does not send the scenelist when it has been
> modified and I hit 'play'. Should we use the sourceforge bug database so
> we don't forget bugs which have already been reported?
> Same for feature requests like "delete clip from timeline with [Del]"?
> I think for piave I would like to use this database

Yes, that's a good idea. I meant to look into the database earlier to day and
add the kdenlive bugs/features which you listed haven't got around to it.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood