[Kdenlive-devel] The Next Big Thing

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Wed Jan 8 17:09:57 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 04:27 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 Jan 2003 2:19 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > a) kdelive must query available effects, including their static and
> > dynamic properties
>
> Ok, that was simple enough. Kdenlive now sends
>
> <getCapabilities/>

good ;-)

> > b) piave must answer this query
>
> This should also be very simple. Since piave has essentially a static
> selection of transitions at the moment, we can write out the returning XML
> document by hand for now, and all piave has to do is read the file and pass
> it across the communication.
>
> The example in the cutting list specification document is below: I have
> removed the "file formats" section from this document for the moment.
>
> <reply command="getCapabilities">
> <requirements>
>     <effects>
>         <effect name="crossfade">
>             A simple transition between one video stream and another.
>
>             <input name="1" type="video"/>
>             <input name="2" type="video"/>
>
>             <parameter name="fade" type="double" min="0.0" max="1.0">
> 	   Controls the opacity of video 2. At 0.0, video 1 is completely on
> screen. At 1.0, video 2 is completely on screen.
>             </parameter>
>
>             <preset name="simple">
>                 <fade>
>                     <keyframe time="0.0" value="0.0" type="linear"/>
>                     <keyframe time="1.0" value="1.0" type="linear"/>
>                 </fade>
>             </preset>
>         </effect>
>     </effects>
>
> </requirements>
> </reply>

Ok. looks very good. a few question:

What does the <requirements> tag do? I don't understand it and it looks
redundant.

In <input type"video"/> , what is "video" supposed to mean? If this in
contranst to "audio"? If yes, then the crossfade should be "av"

I guess < ... type="linear"> is meant to describe the interpolation. I think
this should be an atribute to the <parameter> tag and it should be named
"interpolation".

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/