[Kdenlive-devel] KDockWidgets

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 14:41:51 UTC 2003

Hi,.

I spent most of yesterday adding support to kdenlive to choose your own
application layout. Since screenshots will probably be easier to understand
that me saying, you can find some here :

http://www.uchian.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kdenlive_screenshots.html

It's the same widget that is used in Kdevelop and Kate, and suffers from the
same usability problems with putting widgets exactly where you want them -
but it does work once you get used to it, and I have hope that the
KDockWidget will get an overhaul for KDE 4.

On a side note, I haven't implemented saving of layouts yet, so if you screw
it up completely, just close kdenlive and reopen it and everything should
work.

Right, now that is out the way, I will deal with the XML-parsing error that
Reinhard mentioned yesterday.

Cheers,
Jason

--